The Oerth of the Adventurers stories is a unique place, home to several powerful and unique groups beyond those commonly known. Here you will find details about some of these alliances and their members, as well as their current situation.
brief: The Nine were an alliance of evildoers formed by the lich Xusia. They operated out of a huge, remote fortress and were in the process of implementing various schemes, including a network of teleportation gateways that spanned the Flanaess. Their supposed goal was the gradual, covert invasion and domination of the continent, but Xusia had a secret plan to invade Oerth using demons and the gateways. All of these endeavors were halted when the Fortress of the Nine was invaded by multiple groups of powerful foes beginning in episode 761.
- Xusia (RIP) - Suel Lich, thousands of years old. Had schemes within schemes and secrets within secrets. After multiple confrontations with Belphanior and others, the ancient lich was finally destroyed by Belphanior and Rob in the great battle of the fortress.
- General Kael (RIP) - Towering warrior-general who wore a skull-helm. After besting everyone who tried to take him out - including Lord Marcus, Gorin, and Kup Swiftfoot - Kael was finally slain by a sphere of annihilation from the wizard Dexitheseus.
- Selene (RIP?) - Treacherous dark elven priestess who commanded a force of drow...which was buried in an avalanche of steaming mud during the invasion of the fortress. Fate unknown, presumed dead.
- Bodok (RIP) - Gigantic elder beholder possessed of monstrous cruelty. After being inflicted with insanity during the battle at the fortress, it was slain by Halbarad.
- Fenris - Master thief. Fled when the battle turned against the Nine. Current whereabouts unknown.
- Ulrich (RIP) - Anti-paladin who rode a red dragon. Slain by Otto.
- Gog (RIP) - Fire giant king with many magical items. Slain by Yod Ironbeard.
- Cespedes - Mysterious wizard with superior command of elements and constructs. Fled during the invasion of the fortress.
- Ythuus - Alien ultradaemon from another plane. Trapped on Oerth, it finally found a means of escape during the big battle, and departed the worldly realm.
The Vampire Hunters
brief: This group of unusual individuals had united to track and slay vampires in certain remote areas of the Flanaess. Their mission led them to the remote mountain town of Helgate, where several perished in one way or another. Those who remained eventually formed an alliance with Belphanior and others, and accompanied him on future adventures.
- Parekh - 18th level wizard. Slender brown-skinned woman of Flan descent. Gifted archmage, Circle of Eight caliber. Has come up with a large number of practical, original spells, including:
- eviscerator (a fast-moving wall of blades) (from chapter 675)
- flamethrower (a more powerful burning hands)
- Hands-Off (physically repels chosen targets who are too close) (from chapter 715)
- mallet (hammer version of Mordenkainen's sword)
- floating hemisphere (hollow half-spherical version of Tenser's floating disc, can be made invisible along with its contents)
- eye spy (sends forth multiple invisible floating eyes to scout) (from chapter 710)
- safehouse (wall of force that doesn't appear to be there - viewers simply see what lies beyond it, as they would normally) (from chapter 715)
- Dust-Off (clean anti-dust field) (from chapter 669)
- Wipe Out (animates wreckage into a dangerous vortex) (from chapter 673)
- Friendly Confines (force field which blocks spears but which allies can run in and out of) (from chapter 712)
- Drak - 14th level warrior. Hulking barbarian warrior who uses brains as well as brawn. Parekh's lover. Has an item which allows him to grow to twenty feet in height, gaining proportional mass and strength. Does battle with a gigantic mallet.
- Boltar (RIP) - 15th level high priest of Pholtus. Stocky, middle-aged, white hair. Very powerful, had ties to Furyondy. Wielded a morningstar of disruption which may have had other powers. Slain by beholders in the battle of the fortress.
- Bram (RIP?) - 13th level ranger. Tall, lean, rugged, clad entirely in black including a wide-brimmed hat. Leader of the group. Bore an ebony cane with a silver tip, which had holy powers against undead, especially vampires. Most likely killed in battle of Helgate.
- Ghuust (RIP) - 11th level necromancer. Pale, thin fellow with short black hair. Wielded a life-draining scythe, had strange powers over undead. Killed by possessed Aja in battle of Helgate.
- Dorval (RIP) - 6th level warrior. Young but bold warrior, disciple of Marko. Killed by Victoria in unnamed mountain town near Helgate.
- Marko (RIP) - 10th level warrior. Burly, scarred veteran of many battles. Killed in battle of Helgate.
The Crimson Blades
brief: This group's membership consists of evil adventurers who are powerful to the point of being iconic. Little is known of their origins, but their goal is clear: total conquering dominance of all who stand in their way. They learned of Belphanior's quest for the mythical isle of Panagaea and followed the elf's group as it located and journeyed to that long-lost place. Though a couple of their number perished in battle, the Crimson Blades were a match for Belphanior and his allies; the battle ended in a draw after the four sleeping guardians awoke and began attacking both parties. The surviving Blades retreated by means unknown as the cavern collapsed, and they are presumably still active somewhere in the world.
- Chargrim - The Wizard. Member of Rauxes' Guild of Magi. Lives and works in a citadel. Tends to work out problems like how to poison an entire sea at once.
- Kalenon - The Cleric. Supreme High Priest of Hextor, oversees all of his god's doings in Aerdy and outlying areas. Demands unwavering loyalty to the deity, is a proponent of forceful conversion.
- Lord Rammstein - The Warrior. Gigantic, violent warmonger who lives for battle. Wears jet-black plate mail with a great horned helmet. Follows Hextor, and leads a band of fanatical warriors.
- Sydaar - The Thief. Rather than be a Guildmistress, she remains independent, as do most of her activities. Quick as a cat, deadly as a spider.
- Yorgi (RIP) - The Halfling. Nimble and greedy, as one would expect - but also thoroughly depraved and evil, to the point of bloodthirstiness. Slain while in gaseous form, as one of the guardians of Panagaea inhaled and destroyed him.
- Orgthrok - The Dwarf. A hard-fighting, hard-drinking berserker. Wields an axe that drives him to chaos.
- Snake - The Assassin. Master of shadows and death. Quite possibly the equal of Greyhawk's Whisper. May not be human.
- Galil-Gildur - The Elf. Greater than a thousand years old, considers himself above everyone and everything. Only goes adventuring to relieve the boredom and gain useful items and magic. Dangerously contemplative and calculating.
- Laryn - The Bard. A dark muse, she makes music that steals mens' souls and stops armies in their paths. Mysterious, brooding, haunted. Slain while the group was doing battle with lost tribes on the isle.
- Krom - The Hunter. Big, hairy, and mean - a primal man. Prefers to be alone, prefers to be in the wild. Able to track and kill the most dangerous prey without weapons.
- ?????? - The Monk. (was not present during Panagaea battle)
- ?????? - The Psionicist. (was not present during Panagaea battle)
brief: This group was discovered by Deryck and hired to do certain jobs which the half-elf, being noble and good, could not do himself. The group also took on other jobs which which even Deryck wouldn't condone. The most recent of these involved the battle at the Fortress of the Nine; the misadventurers had intended to sign up with the army forming there, but thanks to quick thinking by Peyton, they were able to come out on the side of the victors.
- Peyton Farquhar - 7th level gnome thief. About 3' tall, middle-aged, with gray hair and goatee. Wears tattered clothes, though he could easily afford better, in an effort to make himself appear far more common than he actually is. A clever, calculating fellow, he has a gift for coming up with solutions to sudden situations, especially during battle. Fights with a shortsword and shortbow.
- Sylus Blackheart - 5/6th level drow fighter/thief. Just over 5' tall, slender, very agile, very fast. Age, history, given drow name unknown. Quiet, calculating, sarcastic. Fights with longsword.
- Adolphus Delphi - 7th level half-ogre fighter. Almost 8' tall, heavily muscled, stringy greasy brown hair, pallid skin. Butt-ugly, smells, makes crowds part when he approaches. Age unknown. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, tends to let Peyton make decisions for him. Fights with whatever he's carrying around at the time, most recently a big battleaxe.
- Wembly - 6th level human wizard. Just over 6' tall, gangly, short brown hair. About 30 years old. Clumsy and timid, but wields powerful magic.
- Rogar - 7th level priest of Olidammara. About 6'5" and stout, has thick, matted, wild dark brown hair and full beard. In his late 30s or early 40s. Drinks and carouses every day, as befits his religion; revels in battle as well. Fights with thick, gnarled war-club.
- Damien - renegade imp. About 1' tall, red skin, jet-black hair, wings, tail, raises interesting questions from observers. Sarcastic, can also be quite mean. Has various powers including immunity to nonmagical weapons, poison tail-barb, ability to produce fire. Fights with his poisonous tail.
The Enemies of the Nine
status: disbanded (it was a one-time team-up)
brief: Though this group had no official title, they will go down in the history books as those who assembled to challenge (and ultimately defeat) the Nine in their own fortress. The (non-Adventurers) members of this group are listed below. Those individuals with other group affiliations are noted with a * symbol; those who are henchmen or associates are marked with a ** symbol.
- Boltar - human priest of Pholtus *
- Derider Fanshaen - female human priestess of Pelor
- Sir Drexel - human paladin of Heironeous *
- Limbor - high elven priest/wizard
- Eyer - wood elven fighter/acrobat *
- Jerome Kasinskaia - human priest of Rao
- Reptar - lizardman fighter **
- Pallin - grey elven wizard *
- Socrates - large albino hound **
- St. Wilhelm - human fighter/priest of St. Cuthbert
the "other" adventurers
status: disbanded but in touch
brief: This group was very similar to the Adventurers, with members of a wide variety of occupations, races, and temperaments - but they did their adventuring about ten years earlier. Over the years and quests, various members of the two groups have worked together and become friends.
- Dexitheseus - bald, bearded human wizard
- Drexel (RIP) - 11th level human paladin of Heironeous (note: he has a twin brother, Sir Dremel, who is trying to resurrect him)
- Limbor - high elven priest/wizard
- Eyer - 13th/16th level wood elven fighter/acrobat
- Filadril - enigmatic grey elven wizard
- Kup Swiftfoot - semi-retired halfling thief
- Mazzichelli - human warrior
- Lord Marcus - 18th level human warrior, leader of Greyspire's army until its recent destruction
- Oakly Greenleaf - human Great Druid of the Flanaess, father of Daffodil
- Relmar - 18th level human high priest of Pelor
- Tarl - human barbarian warrior, rasies/trains war dogs
- Yod Ironbeard - dwarven warrior-king, rules Thunderdelve Mountain
- Spikey - halfling warrior, twin brother of Sparkey, loyal henchman of Yod
- Sparkey - halfling warrior, twin brother of Spikey, loyal henchman of Yod
brief: This is a recently-formed, ultra-secretive cabal of powerful wizards. Their existence has been revealed in small increments, specifically in episodes 802 and 881. They seem to be on the side of Good, but their exact intentions and capabilities remain largely unknown.
- Parekh - 18th level female human wizard. Formerly affiliated with vampire hunters until their destruction/disbanding, frequent ally of Belphanior. Slender brown-skinned woman of Flan descent. Gifted archmage, Circle of Eight caliber. Has a home in some unknown, peaceful, magical place. Has come up with a large number of practical, original spells (see her entry under "Vampire Hunters") and this is her specialty: inventing new spells.
- Pallin - 18th level grey elven wizard. Longtime acquaintance of Parekh. Follows the ways of Celestian. Specializes in teleportation/planar magic.
- Dexitheseus - 17th level human wizard. Formerly affiliated with the "other" adventurers until their disbanding/retirement. About sixty years old, bald, bearded, uses a variety of types of magic rather than becoming master in any single one.
- Wu - 18th level human wizard. Formerly affiliated with the Host of Greyspire until its destruction. Wizened old man of Baklunish heritage, likes to babble incoherently. Specializes in living transmutation magic such as polymorphing and shapechanging.
- Cespedes - 19th level human wizard. Formerly affiliated with the Nine until their destruction/disbanding. Tall and thin, has gray goatee, is bald with black metal skullcap. Has begun to cease caring about things that normal people care about. Specializes in elemental magic as well as nonliving transmutation magic. He built the adamantine golem, Talos.